Finally got the bulk done on this project and I’m proud! Tomorrow morning I’m going to do the hems, because I have homework to get to today. I’m gonna go ahead and call this one complete, because it is wearable at the moment [obviously]. I couldn’t have picked a better fabric for this project if I had tried, seriously. That fabric is completely perfect.
I love this skirt and I’m so happy that the weird seams worked out for me. I thought they looked odd, but I guess it was supposed to look like that.
What did I learn?
- I’m not certain if I did the whole attaching the yoke to the skirt, and the casing to the yoke. But I figured out a way that it looked pretty and it looks right.
- I started to get straighter seams there after the mid point. Hoorah!
- I learned the right way how to make an elastic casing.
- How to actually complete a sewing patterns
- How to consult directions every 15 minutes
- How to rip seams A LOT.
Now I actually have a skirt i can wear! I am so happy and I’m planning to wear it to work tomorrow after I get that annoying hemming process underway and completed. 😀