Okay. So I changed my mind again- my stitch count got ten kinds of messed up on the chevron and I decided it had been a good run. Before I stopped chevron, I frogged the 91 chains and changed the pattern by half. It went well for like twenty rows then went to hell.
SO! I went back to my original plan and retried the windowpane scarf, after fighting with my chain for a few moments I got it to work and am happily working on my new scarf (people at work are envious!)
Right now my progress is about the size of my crochet hook. What you’re about to see is my second beginning- the first was using an H hook and this one is using a G. It’s more open than I would like, but I suppose it’ll do I’m sick of restarting projects.